Saturday, February 6, 2016

Rekindling an Old Fire... Gunpla

A shortage of time in the current phase of my life has limited what I can do in terms of hobbies. Despite this however, I’ve had a serious urge of late to get back to my old hobby of building Gunpla. I’ve been really really interested in the HG G no Reconguista kits for a while so I’ve finally broke down and acquired a few. Below is a picture of my shortlist or so to speak...



Gundam Model Kits


Also finally getting around to an old Union Flag from Gundam 00 I’ve had sitting around way too long. I used have migraines trying so hard to build kits perfectly, but I think I might try a more relaxed method and just build these to my own satisfaction. The designs of modern Gundam kits are so good you really don’t have to do that much work on them anyways.

I’m a little hyped for some of the newer kits I see coming out too. This Gouf is sooo much cooler than the kit Bandai made in the 90‘s:

Gunpla

Gunpla

I barely remember the Vaffu appearing in Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin, but the suit looks nice enough I might just get it at some point for the novelty. It’s a very slick design:

GunplaGunpla

 And on an unrelated note... Bandai needs to go back to using these the style of vintage Gunpla commercials. I'd love to see these kits advertised like THIS:


No comments:

Post a Comment